Sunday, April 27, 2014

Don't Go

There is a moment in every TV show with a guy and a girl who have feelings for each other (and by that I mean every TV show) when one of them is having doubts. They have a conversation and the girl starts walking away. At that moment, my heart screams for the guy to break down and beg her not to leave. I dedicate this rap to that moment.


Can’t explain how I feel, not sure if it’s real
Or just a trick of the mind, making me blind
Is it time to rewind or just leave this behind
Go back to the start or is this where we part?

So I walk away, nothing left to say
But the feeling’s not right, something’s not ok
I can’t seem to win so I say to her

Turn around, my dear, I need to make this clear
I can’t be alone, I need you here
Please understand, I can’t stand on my own
Don’t go, you should know
I wrote this song to explain
I was wrong and how I came
To see how much I need you

She looks at me skeptically
Is this just a game? A con that I’m running
As I call out her name
She’s clearly unsure, but I’ve made up my mind
And somehow I find the words

Come back, my friend, this isn’t the end
There’s no problem I’ve made that we can’t mend
Please understand, I can’t stand on my own
Don’t go, you should know
That I’m crying inside at the thought of you gone
And my heart open wide and trampled on
Now that I know I need you

She starts to smile, that beautiful smile
That’s something I haven’t seen in a while
And I remember the first time she blew me away
With that smile I long for every day
And I realize she might be coming around
So one more time I compose a rhyme
And take a knee for this final plea

Come back to me, girl, can’t you see
My minds obsessed with you and me
I’m a broken man, don’t you understand?
Don’t go, don’t you know
You’re the reason I sing as I stand on this stage
Are you listening? I won’t turn the page
And go. I can’t move on without you
I can’t move at all without you

No comments:

Post a Comment